2018 Upsilon Omega Omega Scholarship Recipients
Upsilon Omega Omega 2019 scholarship cycle is now accepting applications. Please read carefully through the requirements listed below. Firm deadline to submit application is April 14, 2019.
If you have additional questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enter a four‐year college/university in the fall of 2019. Applicant must be attending a public high school in Lexington County, Richland/Lexington School District Five or Upsilon Omega Omega Chapter #CAP℠ students.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must submit a completed completed application form with a photograph and an official (sealed) transcript with SAT or ACT results.
- Applicant must submit two letters of recommendation. One letter should be from a guidance counselor/director or one of your present/former high school teachers. The other letter should be from a person in the community (i.e. your pastor, Sunday school teacher, former/present employer or mentor). NOTE: All recommendation letters must be included in your scholarship application package and must be dated no earlier than January 1, 2019. All recommendation letters must be applicable to Upsilon Omega Omega Scholarship.
- Applicant must submit a double spaced essay, using Times New Romans in a 12 point font on the following topic:
- "Pick an experience from your own life and explain how it has influenced your development."
- (Note: No more than two pages will be acceptable. Applicant will be disqualified if essay is longer than two typed double spaced 8.5 X 11 pages).
- Applicant should possess qualities of leadership, scholarship, character, dependability and service.
- The financial need of the applicant will be considered.
- All requested items must be included in order for the applicant’s scholarship packet to be considered complete. This scholarship application must be submitted on or before, April 14, 2019. Applications that are incomplete or hand delivered/postmarked after April 14, 2019 will not be eligible for consideration.
- HBCU for LIFE Scholarship: submit a four-paragraph, double-spaced essay using Times New Romans in 12 point font on the following topic: “Why did you choose to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) over another type of institution? What makes an HBCU relevant to you?”. The applicant must be attending a Historically Black College or University, HBCU.
Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Incorporated
Upsilon Omega Omega Chapter
Post Office Box 2012
Irmo, South Carolina 29063