2019 Upsilon Omega Omega Scholarship Recipients
Upsilon Omega Omega is currently accepting applications for it's 2020 college scholarship. Please submit all required documentation by May 22 2020.
Scholarship Application Requirements:
- Applicant must be a high school senior planning to enter a four‐year college/university in the fall of 2020. Applicant must be attending a public high school in Lexington County, Richland/Lexington School District Five or an Upsilon Omega Omega Chapter #CAP℠ student or a 2019-2020 Emeralds of Excellence Debutante.
- Applicant must have a cumulative high school grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 or better on a 4.0 scale.
- Applicant must submit a completed completed application form with a photograph and an official (sealed) transcript with SAT or ACT results.
- Applicant must submit a double spaced essay, using Times New Romans in a 12 point font on the following topic:
- "Think about recent experiences or impacts due to the COVID-19 pandemic and explain how it has influenced your growth & development."
- (Note: No more than two pages will be acceptable. Applicant will be disqualified if essay is longer than two typed double spaced 8.5 X 11 pages).
- Applicant should possess qualities of leadership, scholarship, character, dependability and service.
- The financial need of the applicant will be considered.
- All requested items must be included in order for the applicant’s scholarship packet to be considered complete. This scholarship application must be submitted May 22, 2020. Applications that are incomplete or hand delivered/postmarked after May 22, 2020 will not be eligible for consideration.
- HBCU for LIFE Scholarship: submit a four-paragraph, double-spaced essay using Times New Romans in 12 point font on the following topic: “Why did you choose to attend a Historically Black College or University (HBCU) over another type of institution? What makes an HBCU relevant to you?”. The applicant must be attending a Historically Black College or University, HBCU.
To apply click here.
If you have additional questions contact firstname.lastname@example.org.